Good news—I was able to move us to a new classroom with a projector. Starting next week, we’ll be meeting upstairs from the English Department in Klapper Hall 708. Thanks for your patience as I sorted that out. I’ll be sure to remind you via Twitter and email before Tuesday.
Click here to download the Tweeting Multiethnic Graphic Narratives handout, and click here to sign up and log in to Twitter. And remember to always include #hongcomics at the end of all your tweets related to our class!
For general help with Twitter, check out these online resources:
- Getting started with Twitter
- Twitter Help Topics
- How to Use Twitter: Critical Tips for New Users (Wired)
- Guide to Using Twitter in Your Teaching Practice (KQED)
Let me know if you have any issues with Twitter. Some of you may find that your tweets don’t show up when you search our hashtag #hongcomics. This could be for a number of reasons (check out “Help with Twitter search”). For some of you, it’s probably because your account is brand new and doesn’t have a ton of activity yet, so Twitter doesn’t know you’re a legit account. Just keep tweeting, re-tweeting, mentioning and responding to other Twitter users. If you follow Twitter Search rules and restrictions, your tweets will eventually start showing up in searches.
You should also try the following:
- Make sure you confirmed the email address connected to your Twitter account.
- Complete your profile, with a full name, bio, photo, etc.
- Go to Settings > Security and privacy > Tweet privacy, and make sure “Protect my Tweets” is unchecked.
- Contact Twitter directly for help.
In the meantime, one way I’ll keep track of all your tweets will be to add you all to this Twitter list for our class. I recommend you subscribe!
This blog is the course website for English 781: Multiethnic Graphic Narratives (Spring 2019, Queens College, CUNY). Check back regularly to access announcements, an updated schedule, readings, assignments, handouts, PowerPoint slides, and other resources. Looking forward to a great semester!