- Official Tumblr for Mooncakes webcomic
- Wendy Xu’s website, Twitter, Instagram, Patreon, and Gumroad
- Suzanne Walker’s Twitter
- Walker’s “Mooncakes and Hearing Loss: Taking My Own Advice” (Women Write About Comics)
- Comics Alliance’s reader’s guide to Mooncakes
- Xu on We Should Be Friends podcast
- Xu on Gutter Queens podcast
- “The Auntie” webcomic by Xu and Alyssa Wong
- Xu and Alyssa Wong on Nerds of Prey podcast
In addition to submitting your work for the Writing Prizes, consider submitting your writing to Utopia Parkway, the undergraduate literary journal at Queens College. The editors are looking for work in the genres of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, drama, and visual art. The deadline for submitting to Utopia Parkway has been extended to Friday, April 7. Guidelines for submitting work are available here.
If you have any questions regarding the Writing Prizes or Utopia Parkway, please contact Prof. Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The campus rally for solidarity is taking place tomorrow from 12-4pm. Hope to see y’all out on the quad!
- Mariko’s blog and Twitter
- Jillian’s website and Twitter and Instagram
- Profile of Tamaki cousins
- Tamakis on This One Summer (Comics Alliance)
- Tamakis on This One Summer (Paste)
- YouTube vid of Tamakis on This One Summer
- 2016 interview with Mariko (Comics Alliance)
- 2016 interview with Mariko on Hulk (Cosmo)
- 2011 interview with Jillian (The Comics Journal)
- 2014 interview with Jillian (Comics Alliance)
- 2014 interview with Jillian (AAWW)
- 2015 interview with Jillian T. (A.V. Club)
- 2015 profile of Jillian (Guardian)
Preregistration for Summer and Fall 2017 classes for English majors and minors will take place Monday, March 27, 10am-4pm; Tuesday, March 28, 10am-6pm; and Wednesday, March 29, 10am-4pm.
- $2,000-3,000 Scholarships for Asian/American students through QC’s Asian/American Center (deadline: March 30, 2017)
- $1,000 CUNY Thomas Tam Scholarship (deadline: June 30, 2017)
The English Department is now accepting submissions for the annual QC Undergrad Writing Prizes! All currently matriculated QC undergrads are eligible for prizes awarded in Fiction, Non-fiction, Drama, Poetry, Translation, including essays on topics in Black American studies, Asian American studies, Latino/a studies, gender and sexuality studies, science fiction, fantasy, children’s literature, graphic novels, etc. Download the submission guidelines here. Entries are due in the English Department office, Klapper Hall 607, by noon on Tuesday, April 4.
Any questions, please contact Professor Black at email@example.com.
Hope to see y’all at this rally next Wednesday, March 15, out on the quad!
You can read the rally’s mission statement here.
- Yang’s official website (including blog posts on Boxers and Saints) and Twitter
- Boxers and Saints Teachers Guide
- Using Graphic Novels (like B&S) in Education (CBLDF)
- 2016 audio interview with Yang about B&S (WNYC)
- 2013 LA Times interview about B&S
- 2013 SLJ interview about B&S
- 2013 Comics Alliance interview about B&S
- 2016 EW interview with Yang
- 2015 Mother Jones interview with Yang
- “Library of Congress Anoints Graphic Novelist as Ambassador for Young People’s Literature” (NYT)
- “Read This: Gene Luen Yang’s rousing diversity speech at the 2014 National Book Festival gala” (Washington Post)
- “DC to Premiere Chinese ‘New Super-Man’ Written by Gene Luen Yang” (NBC News)
- “By day, he taught high school. Now he writes for Superman and the first Asian American superhero” (Washington Post, includes video interview)